Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How Awesome is That?!

So... Yesterday I took a big dive and walked into my boss's boss's office.  Mainly to discuss one thing in particular... and the rest just came out along the way.  He approved my pay raise (yay! more money) and then we started talking about other things... and he mentioned that he knew that I was expecting (word travels fast though work I guess).  Well... that lead to the Maternity Leave questions.  Personally, If I had to go back to work at the office I would have taken the 6 weeks of sick leave... and then used probably two weeks of my annual leave.  Thats a lot of hours that I've been trying to build up.

But he gave me another option.  Telecommuting.  (!!!!)  Ok, so I know that not every woman would love this, but I think this is awesome!  I can take a few weeks off to adjust to the baby and from then on I can start doing my work out of my own home from a work supplied computer (and still get to be with my baby).  It probably won't last forever (6 months?)  and  then I'll only be able  telecommute for a few days out of the week (which still isn't bad).

It gets even better, after all that talk he told me that I need to order myself a better chair for work so I can be more comfortable as my belly expands.  So, I now have a big stack of office supply catalogs sitting on my desk at work for me to mull over.  I can't believe how expensive some of these chairs are.

I came home yesterday pretty happy with my situation.  This baby is definitely a big blessing and I sure do love it more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment