Monday, September 12, 2011

Starting on the nursery

This weekend I spent some time downsizing my wardrobe so I can fit all my clothes and my husbands clothes in our closet in our bedroom instead of in two separate closets... mine being the existing nursery's closet.  I gave DI 3 garbage bags of clothes and a box of old shoes.  This nesting business really has me in the mood to throw things away and get everything organized.

This weekend was tackling mine and the husbands closet so make room for the baby's closet.  Next week I am going to get the laundry room and downstairs pantry all figured out and organized.  Then I might organize the kitchen cabinets and kitchen pantry.  I've got a lot to get done before the baby comes.  I keep thinking of more things I need to get done and thats just around the house... it has nothing to do with the list of things I need to get done for the nursery.

After getting everything cleaned out of the baby's closet my wonderful husband built me some shelves to go inside.  We'll add another clothing rod and paint everything in there white.  I'm hoping to get an efficient baby clothes/item system inside that closet.

Closet before the shelving. 

Matt cutting the shelving


Matt screwing the shelving in.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment