Sunday, June 19, 2011

All Stuffed Up

The other night I woke up to Matt asking me if I was alright as I struggled to breath through my extremely stuffy nose.  I had a small sore throat from breathing through my mouth and my loving husband ran to the kitchen to get me a glass of water.  At first I thought I had a really bad cold... but it hasn't gone away.  I made my husband buy us a humidifier so I can sleep at night (its the only way to ease my stuffy nose and let me breath).

After doing a little bit of research I have determined (and will ask the doctor as well) that I have rhinitis of pregnancy, and most of the websites say that for most people it will go away at about 2 weeks after giving birth.  Which means I have stuck with cold like symptoms for the next 7 months.

Ugh... I feel trapped in my body... at times I can't breath and sleeping it difficult if I don't keep my head really elevated.  I am not looking forward to being this stuffed up for the next half a year.  I guess this is all an experience and with my first pregnancy... I have to take it all in and just be happy that I am able to create a little piece of life inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment